Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Monday 12-19-11

Monday, December 18, 2011

Travel lesson number two; don’t wear lip balm in the rainforest!  I would explain why, but I think you get the idea.

The lip fiasco was one of many very interesting experiences today.  We got our first glimpse of Proyecto Asis!  We learned all about when and why it was established, then we met all the animals.  We also met some very interesting people.  The morning crew of volunteers consisted of people passing through who wanted to donate some time to the project before moving on to explore more of Costa Rica.  There was a family of four from San Francisco, a couple of English Texans, and a couple from New York.  In the afternoon, the other volunteers consisted of a group of veterinary students from Texas.   And then, of course, there was the project staff…all very nice!

I also ate a termite…on purpose, not due to my poor cosmetic choice.  I was told the little guy would taste like carrots.  I found that prospect interesting enough to test it out for myself.  It did!  My daughter found a way to be both underwhelmed and mortified by my daring.  That’s a rare talent that seems to be cultivated by many kids her age…all over the world!

Safiya and I took lots of animal pics.  I was also almost mauled by a two-toed sloth.  Luckily, I was able to meander out of his reach before any harm was done.

Living la pura vida!

Come on...if you could eat snacks off your own belly, you know you would!

He looks so sweet...

...until he STRIKES!  

No comments:

Post a Comment